From the craziness of our day to day life, we always appreciate a background music as we live by to it. If I were to choose my own soundtrack, I will not favor the J.G soundtrack. I don’t wanna live the life of luxury behind the facades of lies, greed, selfishness and arrogance all at once. Somehow the desire to live out to New York got me backward a little. Somehow the movie told the truth of how a poor mans bloodline always remain as it is, so does the difference between a poor and a rich. Not to be too narrow-minded, I believed this does not lies in NYC but everywhere, anywhere.
Based on each soundtrack, everything has a classy sound. All remixed into something that’ll suit out the story-line and the zeitgeist of the story. It has a very vibrant tune as well in order to capture the grandeur parties and broad presentations. Casualties were stapled too through add-on of trumpets and brass instruments. Monotonous but weird. Cool.
Here is the list of the songs, based from 8tracks. http://8tracks.com/connie_lola/the-great-gatsby — thanks to the collector of the mix @connie_lola
P.S. Bold ones are my faves!!
- 100$ Bill – Jay-Z
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie feat Q-Tip & GoonRock
- Back to Black – Beyonce & Andre 3000
- Bang Bang – will.i.am
- Bedroom Hymns – Florence + the Machine
- Gatsby Believed In the Green Light – Tobey Maguire & Craig Armstrong
- Chambermaid Swing – Parov Stelar
- Five Foot Two Eyes Of Blue – The Great Gatsby
- Crazy In Love (Kid Koala Version) – Emeli Sande & The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
- Happy Together – Filter
- Hearts A Mess Gotye
- I Can’t Stop Flux Pavilion
- Into the Past – Nero
- Kill and Run – Sia
- Love Is Blindness – Great Gatsby
- Love Is The Drug – Bryan Ferry
- Oblivion – M83 Ft. Susanne Sundfør
- Over The Love – Florence & The Machine
- The Great Gatsby Main Theme – Great Gatsby
- Together – The XX
- Where the Wind Blows – Great Gatsby
- Young And Beautiful – Lana Del Rey
- Dirt Off Your Shoulder (BOSS) [Urban Noize Remix] – Jay-Z, Lana Del Rey
Despite the sadness of the plot, I believed the movie had inspired me some good insights. I’ll start keeping in mind that love is painful and life is cruel but I have also to remember to always see the best in people, and to have hope always. YOLO, keep it worth the fight. I guess then, I just have to sing along from all of it, and that too is my advice to you!